Student Complaint Process
Any student at the School who wishes to bring a formal complaint to the administration regarding a significant problem that directly implicates the school’s program of legal education, and its compliance with the Accredited Law School Rules and Guidelines for Accredited Law School Rules, or the School’s internal policies should do the following:
- Submit the complaint in writing to the Dean. The complaint may be sent via email, U.S. Mail, or in person to the Administrative Office.
- The complaint should describe in detail the behavior, program, process, or other matter that is at issue. The complaint must contain the complaining student’s name, his/her official email address, and his/her current mailing address.
When an administrator receives a student complaint, the following procedures shall be followed:
- The Dean will acknowledge the complaint within three business days of receipt. The acknowledgment may be made by email, U.S. Mail, or by personal delivery, at the option of the Dean.
- Within 10 business days of acknowledgment of the complaint, the Dean shall respond to the substance of the complaint, either in writing or in person, and shall indicate what steps, if any, are being taken by the School to address the complaint. If further investigation is needed, the complaining student shall, upon conclusion of the investigation, be provided with a substantive response to the complaint within 10 business days after completion of the investigation.
- Any appeal regarding the Dean’s decision on a complaint shall be brought before the Discipline Committee. Any appeal from the decision of the Discipline Committee shall be brought before the School’s Director. The decision of the Director will be final. Any appeal must be brought within 10 business days from the date of the response by the Dean or the Discipline Committee.
- A copy of the complaint and a summary of the process and resolution of the complaint shall be kept in the office of the Dean for a period of six years from the date of final resolution of the complaint.
Student Complaint Form
Please provide all information requested below. Be as specific as possible when discussing the matter at issue and explain how the matter implicates the law school’s program of legal education.
Please submit this form by filling out the form below, by U.S. mail to 3140 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95816, or in person to the Administrative Office.